Thursday, June 11, 2009

Copyright Laws?


Having some fun with the New York Islanders these days as a quote I obtained during the past WHL season appeared in the "Meet the Prospects" section of the Isles website without the appropriate permissions.

During the fall of 2008, I interviewed former NHLer Brent Ashton by telephone as I was writing a piece about his son Carter. The youngster plays for the Lethbridge Huricanes and is certain to be drafted later this month.

The quote, used in an article published by Hockey's Future, has been used by the Isles to promote the upcoming NHL Entry Draft. Here's the link to the article.

I have some history with Isles, through a friend in Saskatoon. Gerry "Tex" Ehman was a major contributor as the Director of Player Personnel with the Islanders during their four consecutive Stanley Cup seasons more than a couple of decades ago. Gerry, a knowledgeable hockey guy was kind of gruff at times, but I grew to respect the magnitude of his expertise during his golden years. Mr. Ehman passed away a few years ago, but I still stay in touch with his son Bruce.

Sure would have appreciated the nod from the Isles for the spade work I did during the interview with Ashton. We'll see where it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment