Monday, September 28, 2009

The CFL Week That Was...and more!!

First 4-for-4 week this year! That's 24-24 on the season!

But the biggest number of all is 62,517!! A full house at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

I attended the 1997 Grey Cup in Edmonton when Doug Flutie and the Argonauts hammered the Roughriders, 47-23. I remember fumbling with about six layers of clothing to relieve myself at half time. As I walked out of the restroom, there was a huge televison screen near the concession where I watched in horror as Adrian Smith returned the second half kick off for a touchdown. Game over!

I figured the place was packed, yet attendance was only 60,431. Wonder how many more fans might squeeze into Commonwealth Stadium if the Riders make it to the 2010 Grey Cup in Edmonton?

No comments:

Post a Comment